Sunday 12 February 2012

Skinny Jeans

So...this weekend I went to the shops to buy some new pants (how do you stop the lace edges on pants from fraying after 2 washes?) and as usual I got distracted trying on clothes. Now, most shops don't lie to you - flattering lighting may be used but generally what you see in the mirror is what you get. There is, however, one notable exception. 

Dorothy Perkins, I'm talking to you.

I usually will at some point during the day pick up some skinny jeans (just in case my thighs don't miraculously overlap to their normal level). In Dotty P's petite section I grabbed a pair of super soft ones, and along with an armful of boho-style tops made for the changing rooms. Popped the skinny jeans on, looked in the mirror and...OMG, am I suddenly a size 12??? See below photo (taken in teenage mirror-photo style):


Ok, so I'm under no illusions that I look like Miranda Kerr, but in that photo (and the mirror) I look almost acceptable. Sadly, that is not what I look like in real life, and although I know that Dorothy Perkins have super-skinny mirrors installed I totally ignored reason and bought them. Now I'm sat at home wearing them and looking in my mirror and I look like two whales have been stuffed down there. However, they are mega comfy, so they can be my 'pretending I look ok in them but never actually leaving the house' jeans. Or else they'd be ok tucked in wellies roaming the countryside (like I ever do that).

It is quite motivating though, and I'm back on the healthy wagon. Here are some of my healthy meals of late:









No comments:

Post a Comment